Pecan Coconut Granola
I love granola! It is healthy, delicious, and you can make a big batch to last you a few weeks, which makes it super convenient. My favorite way to eat granola is in a smoothie bowl, but it is also good with your choice of milk or even just to snack on by itself. There is something so wholesome and wonderful about homemade granola. When I make it and the sweet smells and aromas fill my house, it reminds me of when I was younger and my mom used to make granola for me. My mom is so caring and has always ensured that my brother and I were provided for. When I went through a hardcore smoothie-bowl-phase in high school, my mom made sure there was always a jar of fresh granola on the counter for my morning smoothie bowls.
A smoothie poured over a bowl of granola and topped with fresh berries is always a great way to start your day. Over the last few years, I have been experimenting with different granola recipes and I have to say, this Pecan Coconut Granola one is definitely my favorite. I love the toasty coconut flavor in combination with the walnuts and pecans. The cinnamon adds a nice spice, while the maple syrup and little bit of sugar give it just the right sweetness. Needless to say, I really love this recipe and I hope you do too!
With love from my kitchen to yours,
Pecan Coconut Granola (Vegan and GF)
– 4 cups pecans
– 1 1/2 cups walnuts, chopped
– 1 cup sliced almonds, chopped
– 8 cups oats
– 3 1/2 cups coconut flakes
– 1/3 cup ground flaxseed meal
– 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
– 1 tablespoon cinnamon
– 1 pinch nutmeg
– 1/4 cup coconut oil
– 1/3 cup natural sugar
– 1/2 cup maple syrup
– 2 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Lightly coat three baking sheets with a little coconut oil and use a paper towel to spread it around evenly or spray with cooking spray. Set aside for later.
3. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
4. Mix all the wet ingredients together in a pot. Heat the pot over medium heat on your stove, and stir until the oil and sugar melt and everything fully combines. This should take a few minutes.
5. Pour the wet mixture over the dry and stir very well. Evenly distribute the granola amongst the three baking sheets and flatten. Make sure the corners and edges are packed evenly with granola, If they are too sparse they may burn.
6. Bake for about 25-30 minutes until the granola turns a golden brown color. 15 minutes into baking, remove the baking sheets from the oven; stir and mix around the granola and then reflatten it and return it to the oven for the remaining 10-15 minutes. This helps the granola cook evenly.
7. When done, let the granola cool, then store in an airtight container. Serve with your choice of milk or a smoothie and enjoy!