Why I Love Early Morning Yoga
I have always loved early morning yoga to start my day with energy and focus – I always feel better and find that day to be more productive! Here at Yoga Sol, Amy Valdez teaches our first class of the day Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday. I share her thoughts and inspirations on early morning yoga below…
Years ago I learned about priority planning, setting goals and working each day to achieve those goals. Each night I would sit in bed with my calendar and decide what to do the next day. Here is the interesting thing. Once I wrote down my plans for the next day I never had to look at them again. I would go to bed and wake up the next day ready to get things done. I just remembered them without having to look in my calendar. I would look at my calendar the next evening and realize I had done the things on my list without even looking at the list the entire day.
Have you wanted to practice yoga but find the days slip by and you just never made it to the studio as much as you had hoped? It happens. That is what happens with me and housecleaning. So here is what I suggest. Before you go to bed make a list of things to do the next day. Put number one as YOGA, 7am at Yoga Sol, then fill in the rest of the tasks, chores, errands, work, etc. Only do this on Monday and Wednesday evening because the classes are on Tuesday and Thursdays.
Then wake up and see if you don’t just automatically put on your yoga clothes and drive to the studio behind Mimi’s. I will be waiting for you. We will do some yoga and you will go on with the rest of the day. Problem solved. Your welcome…see you there.
Here are some reasons why making yoga a priority is a good idea:
- You will feel energetic naturally. Think of it like a cup of java but without the caffeine. Stretching the muscles, moving the spine and building strength will wake up your energy lines and invigorate your body and mind.
- Something about overcoming the sleepy head makes you feel like a winner and anything else you come across during the day will feel easier. Getting out of bed is your first victory helping you go on to more victories as the day goes on.
- Your metabolism gets a head start. Your appetite will fire up. And because you have already done something good for your body you will be inspired to make better food choices to keep the feeling of a healthy body going the rest of the day.
- If you start your day with the calming influence of a yoga practice it will help you feel calm the rest of the day. Traffic, deadlines, spilt milk or whatever life throws in your path is easier to handle because you have connected with peace as your first act of the day.
- Once it’s done you don’t have to think about it anymore. Check off yoga on your list and go on to conquer the world. Well, your corner of it at least.